Saturday, April 11, 2015

Massage Therapy for everyBODY

I am so excited to announce the start of my new career as a massage therapist! I have loved massage therapy since as long as I can remember. I have always massaged EVERYBODY...friends, coworkers, family, kids of friends...I believe EVERYBODY needs massage.
My training for the past two years, approximately 1,000 hours, has been very heavily focused on the medical indications for massage. The curriculum was in depth in the areas of anatomy and physiology, kinesiology, pathology, and medical terminology. We had a unique opportunity to spend a day in cadaver lab hands on dissecting, we had several clinical rotations in the hospital cancer center working on patients receiving infusion therapy, my case study project was on a severely burned patient, our student clinic had patients of all ages with health conditions running the gamut. I love the awesome therapeutic benefits massage has on the human body. I believe the body has an innate ability to heal itself given the right environment.


BUT......the best part about receiving massage is you don't need to be sick, or in pain, or losing function. You can get a massage for the HEALTH of it, the stress reducing benefits are too numerous to list...let's just say the chronic diseases we face in this country today are largely precipitated by high stress levels.  
Whether you are 2 years old (I started massaging my children as newborns) or 92 years young, a massage can do a BODY and mind a whole lot of good. Make it a part of your regular health regime and you will quickly realize the transformative effects it will have on you!

Susan Miller,LMT
http://susanmiller.massagetherapy.com/home

1 comment: